Meatless Monday Resources
Health & Environmental Implications of U.S. Meat Consumption & Production
Reducing your intake of meat and animal products, particularly from industrial sources, can help protect your health, the health of the public, and the environment. Even a small change - like cutting meat from your diet once per week, as the Meatless Monday campaign suggests - can make a difference.
- Achieving Healthy and Sustainable Diets for All. Global Meatless Monday webinar, March 2020
- Meals, Menus and Meatless Monday - The Why and How of Meatless Monday - Feb 2019
- The Importance of Reducing Animal Product Consumption and Wasted Food in Mitigating Catastrophic Climate Change. CLF Report, December 2015
- Meat Consumption: Trends and Health Implications
- Meat Production: Public Health Concerns, from Farm to Fork
- Meat Production: Global and Ecological Concerns
- Voices from Public Health Video
Meatless Monday in Food Service
- Implementing Meatless Monday in food service operations report
- Meatless Monday best practices guide
- What does less meat look like?
- Top reasons to cut down on meat and add more plant foods in your facility
From Meatless Monday
- Check out Meatless Monday for recipes, news stories, toolkits, and other resources to get involved with the national campaign and global movement.
Meatless Monday turns 100!
2017 was the 100th year anniversary of World War I and the efforts that were influential in conserving much-needed food resources on the home front. The Monday Campaigns took the opportunity to look back at the history and the impacts that Meatless Monday has had over the last century and look forward to the next one.
Livable Future Blog
Over the years, we’ve written and curated many blogposts about Meatless Monday initiatives and supporting research. Check out our Meatless Monday contributions.
Other CLF articles and reports
- Evaluation of the Meatless Monday campaign at Newyork-Presbyterian. Fall 2020
- Plant Protein Pushes Ahead in New Meatless Monday Campaign.
- Implementing Meatless Monday in School and University Foodservice Operations
Sodexo launched a Meatless Monday health and wellness initiative in 2011 as part of the company’s “Better Tomorrow” Plan.
CLF’s Report on Sodexo Meatless Monday Survey Results
Healthcare Without Harm’s Balanced Menus Challenge & Toolkit, an approach for hospitals to purchase ‘less meat & better meat.’ Meatless Monday can be a nice complement to this program.
Balanced Menus Pilot Program Evaluation Final Report by CLF, April 2010
Meatless Monday Webinar for Registered Dietitians recording of a continuing education webinar sponsored through the Public Health and Community Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group about Meatless Monday and its relevance to RDs.