Meatless Monday Resources
Health & Environmental Implications of U.S. Meat Consumption & Production
Reducing your intake of meat and animal products, particularly from industrial sources, can help protect your health, the health of the public, and the environment. Even a small change - like cutting meat from your diet once per week, as the Meatless Monday campaign suggests - can make a difference.
- Meals, Menus and Meatless Monday - The Why and How of Meatless Monday - Feb 2019
- The Connections between Diet, People and Planet
- The Importance of Reducing Animal Product Consumption and Wasted Food in Mitigating Catastrophic Climate Change. CLF Report, December 2015
- Meat Consumption: Trends and Health Implications
- Meat Production: Public Health Concerns, from Farm to Fork
- Meat Production: Global and Ecological Concerns
- Voices from Public Health Video
Meatless Monday Articles, Reports and Research
- Legumes As a Sustainable Source of Protein in Human Diets. (Brief)
- Plant Protein Pushes Ahead in New Meatless Monday Campaign.
- The Role of Community-Based Efforts in Promoting Sustainable Diets: Lessons From a Grassroots Meat-Reduction Campaign. (Brief). March 2021
- Evaluation of the Meatless Monday campaign at Newyork-Presbyterian. Fall 2020
- Implementing Meatless Monday in School and University Foodservice Operations
Meatless Monday in Food Service
- Implementing Meatless Monday in food service operations report
- Meatless Monday best practices guide
- What does less meat look like?
- Top reasons to cut down on meat and add more plant foods in your facility
Meatless Monday Webinars
Learn more through these three informative Meatless Monday webinars and videos, or browse our youtube channel for more.
- Meatless Monday in the city - November 29, 2021
- Metrics for Success with Meatless Monday Global - Oct 5, 2020
- Achieving Healthy and Sustainable Diets for all - March 19, 2020
From Meatless Monday and Partners
- Meatless Monday Best Practices. Assessing the Implementation and Maintenance of Meatless Monday Initiatives in the U.S. (Arizona State University Swette Center)
- Check out Meatless Monday for recipes, news stories, toolkits, and other resources to get involved with the national campaign and global movement.